Monday, July 6, 2009

Counting down the days until...

I am counting down the days until my husband and I start our 365 day photography challenge.

My husband, D, has been taking pictures for a while now. It all started back in high school when I wanted an SLR camera. He bought me my first Canon. He told me that I should start a business with it. Well I needed his help, because I am a very shy person. I hope to get out of that soon. Anyways, I started going with him on photo shoots, and we took turns taking pictures of the clients. When we got home, I thought his were way better than mine. So I gave up! He took off with it. He's done several weddings, several seniors. Our photography business name was Studio 5 One. The reason for this name? We started dating on May 1st 1999. Anyways, about a year ago, he decided to stop taking on clients. He didn't really have a passion for it anymore, it became work to him. He had a 20D Canon. Well for some reason, March of this year, I wanted my own camera. I wanted a hobby to do with him. So I purchased a Canon Xsi.

Which brings to me to now, July 6th. Last night I asked him if he wanted to do a project with me to start our hobby together. He said "sure what is it?". So I told him about the 365 day project, and I really want to do this so I can get to know my camera more, and to photograph my children in a photo journalistic view (my favorite type of photography). Maybe one day, I can have my own photography business, but that will be down the road. For now, I want to take this next year and to really learn my camera, and to hopefully capture timeless images of my children.

Here is just one picture of my handsome baby boy Drake on 4th of July. I'll pick this back up on August 1st.

0 comments:

About Me

My name is Melissa Schilling. I am married to my wonderful husband Dane who I have been with for 10 years. We have toddler twin babies Drake and Kera. I started this blog in hopes to one day be a photographer. As for right now my husband and I are using photography as a hobby we can do together. We are starting the 365 day project August 1, 2009. I can't wait to start to learn more and more about my camera. I look forward to any feedback. I will be mostly focusing on people subjects, because that is what I am interested in. However there may be a few other types of photography in the mix.

Thanks for looking at my photo blog, please follow me if you are interested in seeing all of my work, and where this takes me in the future.