Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Potty




This morning Drake and Kera were sitting on the couch watching the Price is Right with me, and playing. Daddy put the cushions on the floor last night, and kept them that way. They really like sitting up there, and then Kera likes to just fall face forward and be a dare devil.


Drake woke up first from his nap. He already had his diaper off, so I decided to get his potty out of the closet and put it in the hall since he was already naked. He sat there for a few seconds than wanted to get up. I brought the potty in the bathroom, and showed him how mommy went on the big potty. So I sat him on the big potty. He sat there for a few seconds holding on to me, and nothing. So I took him to the kitchen and made his lunch. Then I went to go wake up Kera, she was still sleeping. I decided to bring her potty in the room, and try the same thing. She sat there, pointed to the clothes basket. She moved her PJ's out of the way (I draped them over the side of the chair, she pushed them off towards the back). Then I heard her peeing! I looked down and sure enough she peed. I was so proud of her. I gave her lots of kisses and told her "Look Kera you pee pee'd in the potty, what a big girl, mommy is so proud of you". I gave her hugs and kisses and kept saying "you did it, you pee pee'd in the potty!!". I don't think she understood, but I was excited. So yes, I took a picture of it. And yes it may be kind of weird... or maybe really weird :) but I am a very proud mommy!!

I am going to put their little pottys in their room. So every time we do a diaper change, we will sit them on there while they are already naked. Hopefully they catch on fast, that would be awesome. If not oh well, I am just so excited about today!

1 comments:

Cheryle November 5, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

yayyy!! congratulations!! We get excited about pee in the potty in our house too so I understand wanting to take a picture! :D

About Me

My name is Melissa Schilling. I am married to my wonderful husband Dane who I have been with for 10 years. We have toddler twin babies Drake and Kera. I started this blog in hopes to one day be a photographer. As for right now my husband and I are using photography as a hobby we can do together. We are starting the 365 day project August 1, 2009. I can't wait to start to learn more and more about my camera. I look forward to any feedback. I will be mostly focusing on people subjects, because that is what I am interested in. However there may be a few other types of photography in the mix.

Thanks for looking at my photo blog, please follow me if you are interested in seeing all of my work, and where this takes me in the future.