Monday, March 22, 2010

Play dough!

Sunday I woke up and decided it would be a good day to try to make some play dough for the kids! I looked up a recipe online and it had pretty vague instructions "Keep over medium heat until smooth, pour into pan and knead"... so I took that literally, and once smooth I poured the mixture into a pan lined with wax paper. Of course it did not look anything like play dough. So I was on the search for a recipe. I came across another one that involved the same ingredients as the first one so I followed their directions but with the amounts of the first recipe. Turned out perfect!

Drake and Kera are unsure about play dough still! It was still a very fun experience watching them touch it, and tare it up into tiny pieces.

DSC_0036-2
DSC_0031
DSC_0032
DSC_0029
DSC_0025-2

Yay!!
DSC_0028
DSC_0024-2
DSC_0013-2

3 comments:

Cheryle March 22, 2010 at 3:24 AM  

awww cute! I use to make play dough regularly when my older kids were small. Niklas loves playing with play dough too, but so far only the bought kind. I'll have to dig out my recipe too and make him some!

Rose March 23, 2010 at 12:37 AM  

Awww... I gotta make some playdough.. but knowing Jayley she'll eat it.. lol... I bet they had a great time! :)

*Jessie* March 23, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

my kids eat play doh, so i make the edible kind with peanut butter so at least it's food when they do eat it...lol.

About Me

My name is Melissa Schilling. I am married to my wonderful husband Dane who I have been with for 10 years. We have toddler twin babies Drake and Kera. I started this blog in hopes to one day be a photographer. As for right now my husband and I are using photography as a hobby we can do together. We are starting the 365 day project August 1, 2009. I can't wait to start to learn more and more about my camera. I look forward to any feedback. I will be mostly focusing on people subjects, because that is what I am interested in. However there may be a few other types of photography in the mix.

Thanks for looking at my photo blog, please follow me if you are interested in seeing all of my work, and where this takes me in the future.