Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's day weekend 2010

Can I just say how amazing I think my husband is. Not only as a husband but as a father! He has far out weighed my expectations. I knew he was going to be a great dad by the many years we've been together, but wow! He truly is amazing! I'm so blessed that God put him in my life.

Thursday night Dane got off late. So we tried to make it to gymnastics but it was already too late. So we went out to eat, walked around the mall, and went to a few stores. By the time we were done it was 9pm on our way home. I soooo wanted to stop at rock the dock in Kemah, but I know Dane had to work the next day and the babies were exhausted.

Friday night we went out to dinner, and went to a few stores, and made it to the fire work show in Kemah. We got there around 9, and the splash pad was off! Not to mention we had to pay for parking, and we were in the wrong spot for the fireworks. I was not happy.

Saturday, Dane knew that I wanted to take the kids to Kemah and let them play in the sprinkler. So first we went to a few stores. Then we went to Kemah (pics are below) and let them play in the splash pad. Kera had fun, Drake not so much. We had to pay for parking again - I assume every weekend you do. I think I like rock the doc better. Free parking, splash pad, and live music. After the Kemah boardwalk we went to hobby lobby and then we met Aunt Amy, Uncle Deran, and Cousin Avery at Genghis. Where Kera was being very bratty. Then we walked to Ben and Jerry's and I have been craving that peanut butter cookie dough ice cream ever since. So yummy!!! We had a good time. Kera and Avery kind of played together which was very adorable! It's nice to hang out with D&A&A we rarely see them even though they live about 10 minutes away.

Sunday (Father's day), Dane slept in. While the kids were playing I painted all the trim 2x in Kera's new bedroom. Daddy got up, and by that time it was time for the kids nap. So we took a nap :). When we got up we went to a few stores, and out to eat at I-hop where Drake was being a little booger. Then we painted Drake's room once the kids were in bed!

BUSY weekend.
DSC_0702
DSC_0758
DSC_0768
DSC_0788
DSC_0821
DSC_0837
DSC_0857
DSC_0858
DSC_0885
DSC_0889
DSC_0902
DSC_0925

0 comments:

About Me

My name is Melissa Schilling. I am married to my wonderful husband Dane who I have been with for 10 years. We have toddler twin babies Drake and Kera. I started this blog in hopes to one day be a photographer. As for right now my husband and I are using photography as a hobby we can do together. We are starting the 365 day project August 1, 2009. I can't wait to start to learn more and more about my camera. I look forward to any feedback. I will be mostly focusing on people subjects, because that is what I am interested in. However there may be a few other types of photography in the mix.

Thanks for looking at my photo blog, please follow me if you are interested in seeing all of my work, and where this takes me in the future.