Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's crazy!!!

One year ago, not to the day, but to the month I started this blog :). I actually kept up with a blog!!! WHAT?! I know, I know it's crazy. Especially if you've read
http://www.babyschilling.blogspot.com or
http://www.schillingfamilyblog.blogspot.com or http://tighteningthestrings.blogspot.com/. Obviously they haven't been updated :). I am really slow updating this blog, but lets just say, at least I do... at least once a month :D.

I started this blog to share my 365 day challenge, obviously that didn't work out :) it has since turned into our family blog (wish I would have kept theschillingfamily name... ah well. Forgive the rambling, it's 12:50AM and I'm tired. Why do you ask? Well I decided to start a photography company. It's just starting out but I'm booked until August 21st, with the exception of my baby nieces b-day party weekend.

The business thing happened so quickly, and I'm just jumping in! It's been fun so far (if you want to check my website out it's www.melissaschillingphotography.com). I'm trying to soak everything in, and learn new things. So the about me section on this blog where it says follow me if you want to see where this takes me in the future. Well here I am one year later. Starting a company. If you would have asked me a year ago if I would be photographing total strangers, I would have told you "no way!". Actually I probably would have told you that two months ago. :) I'm happy though. It's something for me. Something that gives me joy. Something to keep learning. Something that I hope will make my name big one day...I want to be like Beth Jansen... ONE DAY! :) She's totally amazing!

Anyways, that's my year update. Here are a few pictures of the kids, and their first cooking cookie experience.

Drake and Kera 7-17-10-4

Drake and Kera 7-17-10-80

Oh... and I threw in a craft project. I made a tutu and a onesie for my friend Danielle's baby girl that is due next month!
Crafts-12


Dkcookies
Dkcookies-2
Dkcookies-4
Dkcookies-6
Dkcookies-8
Dkcookies-9
Dkcookies-10
Dkcookies-11
Dkcookies-18
Dkcookies-20
Dkcookies-22
Dkcookies-23
Dkcookies-30
Dkcookies-31
Dkcookies-31
Dkcookies-36
Dkcookies-37
Dkcookies-44
Dkcookies-50
Dkcookies-54
Dkcookies-55
Dkcookies-65
Dkcookies-72

And...

Yes, I realize that is a TON of pictures for a blog. I was going to just post a few, but I couldn't resist while I was going through them. All of them are cute to me! So yes, I just spent a long time copying and pasting each link to my post! :D My kids are super duper cute!!! How did I get so lucky?

2 comments:

Amber August 3, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

Cute onesie and tutu! Are you going to use it for a picture of Mackenzie? I'm still waiting to see her!

Kim Kelly August 3, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

wait your making tutu's too! man I miss a little I miss a lot...look at those indoor pics. I am oober jealous!

About Me

My name is Melissa Schilling. I am married to my wonderful husband Dane who I have been with for 10 years. We have toddler twin babies Drake and Kera. I started this blog in hopes to one day be a photographer. As for right now my husband and I are using photography as a hobby we can do together. We are starting the 365 day project August 1, 2009. I can't wait to start to learn more and more about my camera. I look forward to any feedback. I will be mostly focusing on people subjects, because that is what I am interested in. However there may be a few other types of photography in the mix.

Thanks for looking at my photo blog, please follow me if you are interested in seeing all of my work, and where this takes me in the future.