Saturday, September 12, 2009

Puddles at Grandmas & PeePaws

Today we took the kids to Grandmas and PeePaws house where they had some toys waiting. Drake got a helicopter pull a long toy, and a fire station. Kera got twin babies with a twin stroller. Adorable! Thank you Grandma & PeePaw for their cute toys!

It had rained today, and the kids did not want to stay in the garage. Kera wondered outside and went for a little trip with Grandma to the side walk. She spotted a water puddle, and splashed her feet in it. Meanwhile, Dane locked my camera in a safe, so he had to get it out. I wanted pictures of the kids in the puddles. I didn't expect Drake to sit down in the puddle and play in it ;). However it made for a great Kodak moment, especially when Kera followed what her brother did, and plopped down in it. I don't know where they get their adventurous side from, surely not me as I never liked to get dirty when I was a kid - no candy because it melted on me - no dirt because it made me dirty - no snow because it made me wet and cold. Maybe it came from hubby, I don't know. I like that they are adventurous though, and I am glad that puddles make them happy, even for a few seconds.

After playing with their new toys, and playing in the puddles for a few seconds dinner was ready. They had hot dogs (we had chili dogs YUM), Mac and cheese, and a few french fries. Then it was time for strawberry short cake, where daddy loaded my plate full of it. Thank goodness Drake and Kera helped me eat a few bites. Today was a great day, even if we didn't go to the free museum day downtown Houston. I can't wait until we get our zoo membership, I have a feeling we will be going to the zoo A LOT.
Bonus picture: How cute are these drawings hanging in my mom's and Ned's living room - My nieces Faith and Savannah drew them! They are getting so big :(

1 comments:

Cheryle September 13, 2009 at 5:35 AM  

kids and water always make a great setting for interesting pictures! It looks like they had lots of fun and as usual, you did a fantastic job at capturing the moment! Good work!

About Me

My name is Melissa Schilling. I am married to my wonderful husband Dane who I have been with for 10 years. We have toddler twin babies Drake and Kera. I started this blog in hopes to one day be a photographer. As for right now my husband and I are using photography as a hobby we can do together. We are starting the 365 day project August 1, 2009. I can't wait to start to learn more and more about my camera. I look forward to any feedback. I will be mostly focusing on people subjects, because that is what I am interested in. However there may be a few other types of photography in the mix.

Thanks for looking at my photo blog, please follow me if you are interested in seeing all of my work, and where this takes me in the future.