Monday, January 4, 2010

Texan fans

Today Dane and I were up in our bed screamin' and hollaring for the Texans! They kicked butt! It was such a great game, that I couldn't breath for a few minutes there, and I thought I was going to have a heart attack!

A few weeks ago we went to Target, and I of course looked through the kids clearance racks. I scored 3 tank tops for Kera this summer for $1.98ea, and two Texan jerseys for $8 and change. Originally $17 something. This is a side note, but why do they have tank tops on clearance in winter?? I am not complaining or anything, but geez - crazy! They had a lot of little boy shorts on clearance too. However, we stocked up on Drakes shorts with the last Old Navy take an additional 50% off clearance sales event.

Anyways, back to my story. This past Friday Dane took the kids to get his glasses, and his watch resized at Kohls. He took it upon himself to look for Texans jerseys although the night before I reminded him of our goals this year, and to save as much money as possible to get out of as much debt as possible by this time next year. He came home with two Texan jerseys for us! I was very mad at first. He has wanted one for a little while - not very long at all. I couldn't be too mad when the price tag said $16 and some change. 70% off, they were originally $60 ea!

So we all put on our Texan jerseys this morning and rooted for those Texans. I am so bummed that they didn't make it to the play offs, but I look forward to the four of us getting dressed in our jerseys next football season.

DSC_0077
DSC_0090
DSC_0097
DSC_0098

As you probably know I had grand plans to have another baking freezer day today. Um, well that didn't happen! I did make the breakfast burritos. We had those for dinner, and I just rolled the rest of them up and put them in the freezer. :)

DSC_0103

I guess the dinners will have to wait for another night. Or, I could just make one or two and stick those in the freezer, and make the rest fresh! :) That sounds like a better plan. Although more days than not, I am completely lazy and don't want to make dinner. For those nights... we have frozen pizza! :)

1 comments:

Cheryle January 4, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

Great pictures!! The Nikon obviously likes you!! :D

About Me

My name is Melissa Schilling. I am married to my wonderful husband Dane who I have been with for 10 years. We have toddler twin babies Drake and Kera. I started this blog in hopes to one day be a photographer. As for right now my husband and I are using photography as a hobby we can do together. We are starting the 365 day project August 1, 2009. I can't wait to start to learn more and more about my camera. I look forward to any feedback. I will be mostly focusing on people subjects, because that is what I am interested in. However there may be a few other types of photography in the mix.

Thanks for looking at my photo blog, please follow me if you are interested in seeing all of my work, and where this takes me in the future.