Sunday, January 3, 2010

Freezer Baking day 1

Can I just say that my husband is the sweetest... when he wants to be. :) He went grocery shopping with me though he didn't want to. We got home he carried in all of the groceries while I started dinner. After dinner he gave the babies their bath. Then we put them to bed. Then he said he would help me with my freezer baking day one. I wanted to make all of the breakfasts and desserts tonight. That way I would only have the dinners tomorrow.

Well my plan was to make 3 batches of These delicious pumpkin pancakes! However, I bought a big can of pumpkin puree, and Dane offered to make them. He wanted to make 5 batches, but ended up making 10 batches!!!

DSC_0019

That is right, he had to use my HUGE pot for the batter!! Do you see the line... it was almost to the tippy top!

DSC_0020

He is the pancake MASTER ;)

DSC_0013
Steamin' hot pancakes. These are so delicious, if you like pumpkin!! YUM! With melted butter and maple syrup... GULP!

If you are wondering how long it took to make 10 batches, well it took about an hour and a half :)

While he ran to Walmart AGAIN to get more flour, cinnamon, and garlic powder I made This banana bread! I think I cooked it a little too long. I'll have to write that on my recipe that I printed out. The middle is still good, the crust is just a little... done.

DSC_0027
DSC_0030-2

While the pancakes were cooking Dane helped me out a lot! He peeled apples while I cored and chopped and mixed apples and seasonings for this apple pie! He also made the dough for it :)

I made these pumpkin pie chocolate chip muffins. It is kind of hard when I only have one muffin pan. This is the year of being frugal, so it will have to work. Unless... :)
DSC_0022-2

Dane also made chocolate chip cookies while I bagged everything up!
DSC_0012

He also made these, but we ended up throwing them away - they look great, but tasted too floury.
DSC_0033-2

After I finished packing up everything, I put together the marinated Italian Chicken, and BBQ chicken. We washed dishes as we went, and Dane finished up the last dishes!

Did I already mention how sweet he is when he wants to be?

Here it is on the table and then in the freezer.
DSC_0037
DSC_0050
A lot of pancakes... No?

DSC_0051

Oh and look - just enough pumpkin puree to make 3 more batches of the pumpkin pancakes!
DSC_0052

DSC_0054

Tomorrow I still have to make all of the dinners, blue berry muffins, and breakfast burritos! Then we will have a stocked freezer! Woo it is a lot of work. This took us about three hours!

2 comments:

Amy January 3, 2010 at 2:24 PM  

Really nice of him to help! That is a lot of food, though three hours isn't too bad!!

Melissa January 3, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

OOOOH man, I had to catch up with this blog huh?? All that food..YUMMY!!!!!! Looks so good. I dont know how to batch cook and freeze...I know that may sound silly, but I dont lol. Your pics look awesome too! I like how they turned out! Oh and about me calling Sprout she, I guess its because I secretly hope Sprout is a girl, and so not to call baby it. :) We will find out in 4 more weeks or so what we are having. I will be happy with a boy too..I am just hoping for a girl for finance reasons!

About Me

My name is Melissa Schilling. I am married to my wonderful husband Dane who I have been with for 10 years. We have toddler twin babies Drake and Kera. I started this blog in hopes to one day be a photographer. As for right now my husband and I are using photography as a hobby we can do together. We are starting the 365 day project August 1, 2009. I can't wait to start to learn more and more about my camera. I look forward to any feedback. I will be mostly focusing on people subjects, because that is what I am interested in. However there may be a few other types of photography in the mix.

Thanks for looking at my photo blog, please follow me if you are interested in seeing all of my work, and where this takes me in the future.