Monday, February 15, 2010

Doodles, books, and air planes!

For Valentines day we got Drake and Kera Doodle pads. They love to color, so I thought it would be the perfect present! Sure enough they play with it ALL.OF.THE.TIME! They absolutely love doodling. I love to watch Kera coloring or doodling. She has to have her pen perfectly in her hands. She watches me when I color or write, and she tries to hold the pen like me and daddy!

DSC_0006
DSC_0013

Isn't Drakes art work beautiful?
DSC_0026

Every single time he hears an airplane. He stops what he is doing and looks to the sky. I hope he is this fascinated with airplanes when we take our trip to Steamboat this year.
DSC_0019

Drake is in love with the book that Grandpa Ken and Dede got him for Valentines day. It is all about trucks. Here he is reading it.
DSC_0036

Kera loves to read too!
DSC_0033

2 comments:

debsimp February 16, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

Love how Kera has to hold her pen like she's such a grown-up. That expression on Drake's face when he's looking up at the airplane is so dream-like. Can't wait for Steamboat!

Amy February 23, 2010 at 3:19 PM  

I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with the way Kera holds her pen, or that she can write her name in cursive. Seriously though, such a difference between the two doodlers! Kera looks so proper. :)

About Me

My name is Melissa Schilling. I am married to my wonderful husband Dane who I have been with for 10 years. We have toddler twin babies Drake and Kera. I started this blog in hopes to one day be a photographer. As for right now my husband and I are using photography as a hobby we can do together. We are starting the 365 day project August 1, 2009. I can't wait to start to learn more and more about my camera. I look forward to any feedback. I will be mostly focusing on people subjects, because that is what I am interested in. However there may be a few other types of photography in the mix.

Thanks for looking at my photo blog, please follow me if you are interested in seeing all of my work, and where this takes me in the future.