Friday, February 5, 2010

A sunny day

Finally!!! After almost a week of straight rain, it was more than welcomed. It felt great to get out of the house and enjoy the sun, not to mention the nice cool air. Not too cold, not too hot. Perfect!

Unfortunately, I got in a camera funk! It seems as though I forgot how to take pictures. Or maybe I just never understood how to take quality pictures outdoors. One day I suppose! For now these will have to do :).

While Drake and Kera were taking their nap, I made english muffin pizzas! 24 to be exact, but we ate four so I have 20 in the deep freezer for quick lunches!
DSC_0021

After lunch we took out the side walk chalk and colored for a little while.
DSC_0032
Every time Drake hears an airplane, he stops in his tracks and looks to the sky!
DSC_0065

After coloring we explored the front yard. Drake especially loves sticks, and leaves. Typical boy.
DSC_0074
DSC_0083
DSC_0094
DSC_0103

Drake also thought it would be a good idea to explore a mud puddle which he and Kera both thought was hilarious. Me not so much while wearing his expensive stride rite shoes! While I tried to keep Drake out of the mud puddles, Kera ran to the van tried to open it, and said "Bye" while waving to us.
DSC_0106
DSC_0107

Ah Ha! That got Drakes attention, and off he went to try to get in the van. Sorry bud, it's closed and locked. Two temper tantrums later I said lets go in. They followed me to the gate, and seen their chalk. So they colored some more. I ran inside to get their bouncy ball. After a few minutes they wanted back inside.
DSC_0123

Once daddy got home a few minutes after we were indoors, we went to Old Navy, which takes entirely way too much of my money! However, we did get them rain boots so they can splash in all the mud puddles they want :).

0 comments:

About Me

My name is Melissa Schilling. I am married to my wonderful husband Dane who I have been with for 10 years. We have toddler twin babies Drake and Kera. I started this blog in hopes to one day be a photographer. As for right now my husband and I are using photography as a hobby we can do together. We are starting the 365 day project August 1, 2009. I can't wait to start to learn more and more about my camera. I look forward to any feedback. I will be mostly focusing on people subjects, because that is what I am interested in. However there may be a few other types of photography in the mix.

Thanks for looking at my photo blog, please follow me if you are interested in seeing all of my work, and where this takes me in the future.