Saturday, October 30, 2010

The zoo boo!

Sadly, our zoo membership expires on the 31st. We will renew it the next time we go to the zoo. We didn't use it as much as we thought we would, though we still used it enough to justify the cost of getting a membership.

We decided to go one last time to the zoo boo. Dressed in their halloween costumes for this year. Drake is a puppy dog, and Kera a kitty cat. Their favorite animals I do believe.
Zoo Boo 2010-167
Zoo Boo 2010-208
Zoo Boo 2010-248


Last year, they were a bit too young to understand the concept of trick or treating. However, this year I think they understood the concept just fine. We took several breaks on various benches. It felt like every time they seen a bench they would want to sit down and dig through their candy baskets.
Zoo Boo 2010-194
Zoo Boo 2010-197
Zoo Boo 2010-200
Zoo Boo 2010-202
Zoo Boo 2010-211
Zoo Boo 2010-231


What can I say, the kids take after their mommy and daddy... they love sweets. We did limit them however, and I'm sure they are unaware of the baskets laying in the back of our van still with lots of candy in them that will probably be thrown out.
Zoo Boo 2010-193
Zoo Boo 2010-225
Zoo Boo 2010-227


We didn't visit a lot of animals. It was extremely crowded and extremely hot for a late October day - in the high 80's. ::Sigh:: miserable I say! I'm sure Drake was the most miserable in a fur costume. Poor little guy. We did visit the sea lions, some indoor exhibits which included the snakes that Drake and Kera loved (weird children), and the orangutans. Basically all of my favorites. Oh and the elephants :). Kera loved the orangutans, but she loved the sea lions more. Drake was scared of the orangutans but how can you be scared of this??
Zoo Boo 2010-242
Zoo Boo 2010-245

After we came home, we took a nap, and later that night we carved our pumpkins.
Zoo Boo 2010-264
Drake and Kera did really well scraping out their little pumpkins they got at the pumpkin patch. They both really liked the gunky goo! The especially loved when daddy carved "eyes" "nose" and "mouth" on their pumpkins. While we were carving pumpkins Daddy said "Enjoy it, this will be the last time until next year". We both stopped and looked at eachother and said... next year!!! Next year they will be almost 3.5. Which is really close to 4. Which is crazy that they will only be ONE YEAR away from kindergarten! :(

Dear Life- At any time you can slow down. I would like to cherish my children, be just that... children for a LOT longer. I know it may seem like I have a long time to cherish their childhood years, but really... I remember when I was 4, and it doesn't seem like that long ago. Here I am 26 years old.

0 comments:

About Me

My name is Melissa Schilling. I am married to my wonderful husband Dane who I have been with for 10 years. We have toddler twin babies Drake and Kera. I started this blog in hopes to one day be a photographer. As for right now my husband and I are using photography as a hobby we can do together. We are starting the 365 day project August 1, 2009. I can't wait to start to learn more and more about my camera. I look forward to any feedback. I will be mostly focusing on people subjects, because that is what I am interested in. However there may be a few other types of photography in the mix.

Thanks for looking at my photo blog, please follow me if you are interested in seeing all of my work, and where this takes me in the future.