Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sunday Zoo trip

I realize I am a couple of days off here :). I am trying to make my way through Scott Kelby's CS4 book and I wanted these pictures to be my first photos in CS4. Well I am only on Page 16, so the rate I am going you all wouldn't see these pictures for another year. So I thought I would edit them quickly in Lightroom and throw them out there.

We went to the zoo Sunday. It was such a beautiful day. Much needed, after all the cold, rainy, ugly weather we've been having. I am so ready for spring. Not summer... Texas summers are miserable, not to mention I am NOT looking forward to those pesky mosquitoes.

Drake and Kera really do love the zoo. They haven't been in their wagon since last July 4th! So it was like a new experience to them, they loved that too! My camera really didn't like it, with the harsh sun/shadows from their over head canopy. Oh well.

DSC_0002-2

DSC_0011

DSC_0029

DSC_0042

I am really glad that we got a zoo membership! I also love the fact that you can bring drinks/snacks into the zoo so it really would make it a free day trip for us (minus the gas). Except Sunday Dane HAD to have the hamburgers and fries. Um yeah I had one too! Yummy, but it cost $20! The kids had popcorn that we brought from home and some crackers. Ok they got a few fries too, oh and tomatoes, and pickles!

While we were eating Kera loved to take a bite of one cracker, and throw it on the wagon floor and stomp it up into tiny pieces. Drake thought it was hilarious so they were stomping stomping stomping. Kera also had her eye out for the bird close to our table.

DSC_0048

DSC_0044

They LOVE the petting zoo... or petting goats, we don't really get to pet anything other than goats.

DSC_0052

DSC_0053-2

Over all we had a great day at the zoo. I can't wait to go back.

After nap on Tuesday, Drake started running a fever! Ugh. I want this sickness to go away. I want the booger noses to go away. I want my babies back to their normal selves. Not only for them to be happy, but for them to not miss another gymnastic class. We've missed two in the month of February alone. :(

0 comments:

About Me

My name is Melissa Schilling. I am married to my wonderful husband Dane who I have been with for 10 years. We have toddler twin babies Drake and Kera. I started this blog in hopes to one day be a photographer. As for right now my husband and I are using photography as a hobby we can do together. We are starting the 365 day project August 1, 2009. I can't wait to start to learn more and more about my camera. I look forward to any feedback. I will be mostly focusing on people subjects, because that is what I am interested in. However there may be a few other types of photography in the mix.

Thanks for looking at my photo blog, please follow me if you are interested in seeing all of my work, and where this takes me in the future.